Monday, October 18, 2010

The Bible vs. Evolution

I am a believer in the Bible and a supreme being.  Yes I believe in God and Jesus.  I have spent my life as a scientist and I believe also in evolution.  How can that be?  It's all a matter of time.  The Bible says there was nothing, science does not dispute that.  On the first day God created the heavens and earth.  The big bang. Then he created man.  Now science has a problem with that, my feeling is, that is a problem with time.  Most followers of the Bible consider a day as 24 hours that we use to this day.  But what if the Bible is talking about a God day.  Now how long is a God day?  No one knows.  A God day could be 24 hours as we see it, or it could be billions of years that a God that created all the heavens and earth called a day. 

If we consider that a God day is billions of years, then the creation of man is now no problem.  There is nothing in the Bible that says how he created man.  Maybe it was instantly to him, but could have been millions of years to you and me. If it's as I say then there is plenty of time for all the evolution that science wants.  Now just consider that God thought the easiest way to create a man was to create algea first and then fish and then land mammals and then apes.  Well you see where I'm coming from, evolution and the Bible coinside if you just adjust the time. Let's just all get along. 

No comments:

Post a Comment